Wednesday, March 16, 2016

It's been about a year since the last post.  And I recently had an experience that made me realize even more that everything is fleeting, including art.  When I took my old laptop in to have all the stuff moved to my new laptop (thank you, Bridget!), the technician basically lost all my photographs because I did not clarify they were in my photo file--or whatever it is called. 

I have decided to let them go.  The ones I wanted to "save" I did have paper copies made (let's hear it for the real real!). 

This get's me back to doing art.  I guess it is all about self-expression.  I cannot find the time or motivation to lift even a brush so I do creative things in my day-to-day life (lots of knitting).  I really don't care what other people think about my work--thus, have no desire to exhibit.  The time I did put a couple of things in a show a few years ago I put in a couple of blah works that were "saleable."  (Needless to say, they didn't sell.)  My stuff is my stuff.  You can bury me with it.

I was going to do a spiel here about technology/internet and everyone's desire to be noticed by everybody else but will save that for another time.   shawnZa

No comments:

Post a Comment