Tuesday, April 25, 2017

So . . .

It's sort of like raising from the dead.  I have been "retired" now for over ten years and I am just now learning how to do that.  What does this mean re my art?  Ahh, my "art ," which has been mostly knitting and putting little animal tchotchkes (yes, I know, not spelled correctly) around the house (animals:  yay; people:  nay).

I have been spending more time in my studio.  That can mean any number of things:  working on puzzles or reading or negotiating with the cat to see if it is okay if I can even enter the room (whoops, sorry to disturb you, Clio).  Night-time is great for thinking up tons of ideas.  Let it be said that I was never without some intriguing ideas:  analog versus digital; recreating drawings of birds and other animals; seeing faces in the leaves and limbs of trees outside our windows; taking instant camera pictures of the little animal arrangements . . . and Godzilla.  And many others.

I have spread out the rough paintings I did of family camping series to see if there is anything there to recapitulate on a larger canvas.

What I am trying to avoid doing is MORE SELF PORTRAITS. 

So I leave you here for now and will update as necessary or needed.

shawn finnegan

No comments:

Post a Comment